Monday, April 16, 2012

Travel Journal: Cabo Smash Book


I first got into scrapbooking in 8th grade when the actress playing Maria in a production of The Barn Theatre's The Sound of Music (I was Louisa - my 1st professional production) gifted me with a gorgeous 12x12 book with a Sound of Music themed cover.  I made scrapbooks for all my shows through high school and my mom would scrap book about our vacations, so it's natural that I love making travel journals now.  Sometimes I wouldn't finish them though.  I still have a NYC book that's unfinished from a 2006 trip!  So after watching my mother in law produce millions of books, I realized her secret: you have to smash your vacation stuff in DURING the trip.  So now I pack a bag of glue, pens, stickers, tape, and stickers with my travel journal and scrapbook before, during and after the trip.  It's a great way to document memories while they're happening.  

I've decided I like have two books for travel only, so I can build upon past memories.  So I have an international travel book and a US travel book.  Meet my international one, a handmade creation gifted to me from Leslie.  It contains my first trip to Cabo, Mexico (and only 3rd out of the country trip overall).   This book was a fun challenge as all the pages were different sizes and colors.  Here are some of my favorite pages:

My main sources of cut outs came from magazines and photos.

This is one of my favorite pages with cut out photos and real shells.



The various size pages were a challenge, but ended up being super fun.

Do you have a travel journal?   Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming blank travel journals appearing on the etsy page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment